oh hell no!!!!

man talk about a Sh*** day....i'm backing out of my parking spot when a huge ass truck bangs into my bimmer!!! my tail light looks like some one put an explosive in it...not to mention my fender which is hanging off on the left side now!!!! what is up with these big freakin trucks in TX!!!![:(!] actually i probably should have seen him but [8] [:0]

thanks for the condolences[B)] the good news is that i might not have to replace the bumper....i might be able to just replace the brackets, but i do have a huge gouge in the middle of my bumper...looks like someone was pissed off and took a knife and gouged it...and i'm talking about one of those big ass crocodile dundee knives.....shoot it almost looks like that truck had a set of horns on it or something [:(!] any ideas on what i could do to make it somewhat bearable to look at? at this point i cringe every time i see it![V]

To fix the crack, go buy the cheapest torch you can find at Home Depot, then take a plastic bottle and melt it so that the molten plastic drips over the crack, the inside of the bumper of course, you have to take off the bumper to do that. It maybe a good idea to tape the crack of the outside (the good looking side) so that the molten plastic doesn't get to the good side but it may burn through the tape, so before doing that try melting the bottle and allow the plastic to drip on the tape you are going to use, if its not hot enough to burn through use the tape on the bumper. When the plastic goes into the solid state, one side of the bumper (the inside) is pretty ugly but the other side is smooth cause of the tape. Now you just have to paint the plastic the same color as the bumper. BTW if the tape melts use something that will not melt, you get the idea.
What do you think about that? Think it might work? Don't just go and do it, think it over, I would hate making someone do something that may ruin their car. It may just work perfectly but maybe a disaster, I never tried it. Oh, if the bottle doesn't melt the way you need it too, use something with a lower melting point, I guess you can try wax from a candle, but that will probably fall off fast.

hm the plastic is basicly a good idea. i suggest to use fiberglass to glue it over the crack. you can get that stuff in little portions, cut it to size that it covers enough and glue it. fix the bumber somehow so the crack gets as closed as possible, than get some layers of that fiber glued over it.
after that you have to do a nice paintjob of course but the crack will no more be seen and the fiber is strong enough to hold it forever.