Installing CD Player in an e30

StevieG

Okay so Ive had enough of listening to the jerks on the radio and the same set of tapes on loop over and over again so I decided to splash out and get a nice little CD Player. Of course me being me I never really looked into how easy/hard it was to slap one of these cute little buggars into the dash in my car, which is a 1990 318is.

Does anyone have any idea, or has anyone done this before and could give me a heads up if its difficult as ive heard the anti theft stuff built into the stock unit could be a problem.

Thanks for your help guys [wave]

I replaced the HU in my 92 318ic without running into any kind of security problems. I'd reccomend that you take your time and rewire the entire car stereo if you want to get the most out of a new head unit though. If you've seen someone install one, or have done it before, you shouldn't have a problem.

BMW-M-Freak's right! You may really want to by pass that fader that came from the factory, and run wire from the deck and/or amps directly to the speakers. Other than that, it's pretty much a slam dunk!