Can't get my Brake pads in!!!!!! Help!!!!!!!!

Guys, am having problems getting my brake pads(Front passanger side) to go in around the rotors. I guess those of us who have changed brake pads before know that you have to open the brake fluid line a little bit to have the thing that pushes the brake pads out to go in so you can fit a new brake pads in and them put them around the rotors. That thing is not going in. I can't fit the calipers around the rotors with the new brake pads on them. My car has being on the jack since last night. I need to get this in. Please if you know how to make this thing go in, please let me know. Thanks...[?|] [?|] [?|]

epj3

The way I've been taught how to do it is to put one of the old brake pads against the piston (in the caliper), then use a C clamp to push it in the entire way, you should also have the master brake cylinder open for this (like you said you did), and make sure it will NOT over flow, it's an EXCELLENT corrosive and paint remover, which is not good for anything in/on a car except the brake lines.

So you might have to use a (dont laugh if I am wrong) turkey baster (?!?!) type of "hand pump" to remove it.

After you get everything back in, make sure all your calipers bolts are tight and after replacing the brake master cylinder cap, pump the brake pedal a few times until it's too stiff to press, and then check to make sure the brake master cylinder is still full. Then start the car and the brakes should be like new [:)]

Thanks guys. I went online and checked out what it was that was wrong with it. Yes it's the cilliper pistons. It wasn't moved in at all. I made the mistake of applying the brakes while the cilipers were off (A NO NO. DO NOT EVER TRY THIS). as it gave me unbelieveable problems pusing in. I then went and bought the C-Clamp and still the thing was hard to get it. I finally got it in and every thing is cool now. Thanks guys.

epj3

Kenny2g said:
Thanks guys. I went online and checked out what it was that was wrong with it. Yes it's the cilliper pistons. It wasn't moved in at all. I made the mistake of applying the brakes while the cilipers were off (A NO NO. DO NOT EVER TRY THIS). as it gave me unbelieveable problems pusing in. I then went and bought the C-Clamp and still the thing was hard to get it. I finally got it in and every thing is cool now. Thanks guys.

No problem [thumb] thats what we're here for [:)]