Turner Motorsports/BIll Auberlen wins at Sebring

"Bill Auberlen drove a flawless race to win his third SPEED World Challenge Touring Car race at Sebring International Raceway in Florida. Thanks to a caution-free race, Auberlen was never seriously challenged in his Turner Motorsport/H&R Springs/StopTech Brakes BMW 325i."

It's nice to see a bimmer leading an Acura [bmwkick]

4DSC said:
http://www.world-challenge.com/news/story.php?ID=280

Yeah, and now they wanna spoil it's perfection with some "adjustments". [nutkick]
Yeah, SCCA does this as part of the "rules" in several series/classes of racing. The lead cars are reviewed and they add 100 lbs. of weight to neutralize certain advantages. I've never been able to figure out where/how they define the difference between a "technical" advantage and driving skills. It always seems to me that they could be penalizing a car because the driver is better, not just that the car is better.

Kirby said:
Yeah, SCCA does this as part of the "rules" in several series/classes of racing. The lead cars are reviewed and they add 100 lbs. of weight to neutralize certain advantages. I've never been able to figure out where/how they define the difference between a "technical" advantage and driving skills. It always seems to me that they could be penalizing a car because the driver is better, not just that the car is better.
Good point.. But ya know, I really don't think the difference in driving skill could be that dominating in a pro class like that, but maybe a mixture of good driving skills and an excellent car, can prove to be quite a force to be reckoned with.