Shock Absorbers - which ones?

Dave323is

Hi,

I have a 1999 323is that has been lowered. (I bought it lowered). When the lowering was done, they left the stock shock absorbers in it.

I am considering upgrading the shocks, I've been looking at the adjustable Koni sports (yellows).

Anyone have these Koni shocks?
anyone suggest I look at some other shocks that are more reasonably priced?

Thanks,
David

I'm running Koni SA's... they're great...

You should definitely upgrade ASAP.. as your stock dampeners won't last very long... you're ride is about to get very bouncy.. and your car even lower.... unless of course they are already shot...

Bilstien Sports are a slightly cheaper alternative.. it's a draw.. half the people go with Koni and half go with Bilstein... only drawback I see with Bilstein is that they have a higher pressure in them.,... so they actually tend to raise the car a bit.. for example..

the same car with the same springs.. saaayyy.. h&r race springs.. so a 2 inch drop...
with the konis you'll probably get that 2 inch drop... with the bilsteins you may only get 1.5 inches of the drop.. I don't think the difference is that bad though.... i think there's 20lbs more pressure in the bilstiens.. so if you wanna do some math or something... but you can test yourself.. doesn't take much upward force to get your suspension to lift a little.. hope that helps...