forum modification

i dont know if this is an option from vB or not, but once i make a post i want the option to go back the the thread list, not just get sent right back to the bottom (of all places) of the page i just posted on.
thanks

hmm, actually, that would be easy to implement if not already available.

Ok, so im serious, and seriously annoyed that such a powerful board, and such a loser flaw. [;)]
I can implement this if you need help, or not if you dissagree.

Here is the idea. What do we want it to do? Give the option after a post to return to thread or return to forum id or in other words discussion group. That group value is displayed somewhere on the "post reply php page."
The way to do it is to find that number and just implement it into a link just below the option to return (more quickly) to the thread.
Lastly, the timer on that page has to be turned up a notch so the reader can make a decision.

Please dont take this as brash, im just trying to make it an easier place to be.
I would find the code myself if i had it at hand, but i use phpBB; you might be able to send me the "post".php page and i can give you the line of code to implement.

Thanks

That is kinda anoying i mean if you already read the thread why would you want to go back to it?

I think that is a great idea and would love to see it hapen[:)]

It would be much better going to the thread list than to the bottom of the thread you just posted in.

going back to the bottom of the thread and checking your post makesd sense. it gives you the chance to check if all is okay and attached or linked pics are really working.

omg. BUT, somtimes my post is not bigger than this one here. i dont want to waste my time looking at it again.
besides, i have other bimmer boards to look at. hehe, j/k

im still interested in the link to other threads after a post and think it would be a good idea.

Here is another:
when replying to a thread, the previous posts are shown in reverse order below the text area.
It would be extremely nifty if there were a button next to each post that inserted that members post into the text area.

that way, it would be easy to answer and communicate with multiple members at once.

Tom

Staff Team
Currently I'm just going over the list of things to do first. It's a fairly long list so I'll let you know when I get a chance to review the posting portion like you suggested.

In regard to your second request, the normal forum etiquette when speaking to someone is to do "@username". This way we don't get a reply with lots of quotes and it also helps with the loading speed.

But keeps those ideas flowing since I've noted pretty much everything you've suggested.[:)]