Anyone have any SPY CAM in their BMW?

Some keyed my car recently and I'm looking for spy cam install in the car to catch them next time. I have no idea which one to get or where to get the information. Anyone here have it install? where I can get them? and it's worth it and how good they are?

You guys are the best, always have the information on everything..thanks
I hope I post in the right place

was ur car parked in a good neighborhood..... i dont understand people these days just because they get jealous and dont have a BMW makes them want to go key it WTF...... i hope u catch these FCUKERS! [mad]

P.S. sorry no info on the spycam from me maybe someone else might know [???1]

Tom

Staff Team
Man times I've wanted to do something like that. Thank goodness I live in a good neighborhood and park my car in the garage. For the cost, I'd say its worth the investment.

this happended at work when we have a garage parking. At work is the last place I think this will happend, but well I guess someone know me is jealous or something. Now I pack on second level and next to the window and sometime I check it out myself. Hopefully since it's next to bunch of window that person will not mess with it again. I"m sick of those people man. so many hater out there. At home I pack in the garage. I'm still so bad about it.

If anyone have any Spy Camera information please help..thank you

mikev

Bournemouth, England (but still at my desk)
the spy cams whould have to be external to catch people in the act as you cannot be 100% sure that someone you thought was keying wasn't doing up their fly or getting there keys out to scratch the bosses car next to you[:p], the most effective in car system (if you go this way) is going to be a digicam and laptop (taxi drivers use this system) there available from several companies here in the uk but id ask a taxi driver where to get them in your area.

Dude!!!!the only thing that you can do is either hire a private spy....or just take the bus to work.....but to tell you the truth the person who did it already got there jollies so it probably won't happen again....Unless of course you either slept w/ his wife, sister or daughter.....[burnout] [burnout]

dumayou,

I check out the web site you posted and the car cam looks good. The only thing is that it only takes pictures. So you won't have a video of the incident, just photos that will shoot anywhere from every second to every 8 seconds.

I put my webcam outside my window and it turns on when theirs movement, then when someone messes with my car I pop my window open and crank a couple frozen paintballs out... they will tend to stop doing stuff to your car after a couple broken windows and fractured wrists.

adamsonem

1000 Post Club
It would definitely be smarter to use something that DOES NOT take photos, especially digitally. Digital photos will be thrown out in court due to the ease of Photchopping.

Alicatt

Sanyo make a 12 volt timelapse VCR, so did American dynamics (Robot), that could be used with any small covert cam installed inside the car. NavTV also make discrete video cams that you can use to replace badges etc on the BMW.
HTH
Alistair

Alicatt

Alicatt said:
Sanyo make a 12 volt timelapse VCR, so did American dynamics (Robot), that could be used with any small covert cam installed inside the car. NavTV also make discrete video cams that you can use to replace badges etc on the BMW.
HTH
Alistair
Edit: Another way to do it is to use a wireless network and an IP cam then you can remote monitor on your PC inside your work / home

I don't have any info on the cameras but I think the best way to position them is: one in each outside rearview miror (monitoring both sides of the car), one on the dash (monitoring the hood) and one in the center brake light assembly monitoring the back. It would probably be expensive and not as effective as you might think unless you know everyone who walks by your car by name and tell them in advance that it is monitored. I if you park the car on a street, you can get their picture but you have no idea who that person is. So it's up to you, you may catch that bastard but then again, it's probably cheaper to fix the scratch than paying all that money for the equipment.